Valentine Cards

For Valentine's Day I made some pocket cards for my kids to give out to their friends and our family.  I have found that my text backgrounds are easily turning into a go-to set.  I adhered the card pocket to the small polkadot embossed red paper.  The tiny dots mimic the dots on the image of the front of the card.  The red satin ribbon was an afterthought, but I'm glad I found a use for some of the left over ribbon I had already run through my sticker maker months ago from another mass-made project.  
The heart with dots was stamped with Pure Poppy ink and "be mine" in Berry Sorbet.  I outlined the heart with my glitter pen, which gives such a nice subtle sparkle.  A little button for interest finishes the pocket off.
The spiral page lifts out of the pocket with a Valentine's Day message.  Here you can see the scribbled tops of my oldest child's name.  
Here are some signed and ready to go.  Don't you like the pop of the aqua?  Me too!  
All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.
Paper: Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, and Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: Tag-Its # 11, Happy Day, and Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet
Embellishments: Pure Poppy vintage button and Spiral Page die, Ribbon Boutique - red satin ribbon
Other: Cuttlebug - machine and Swiss Dot embossing folder, Atyou Spica glitter pen - clear

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...