Simple Shaker Card

I had a little boy's 2nd birthday card to make and thought a shaker card would be fun.  
After some thought, I purposely put a lot of these red beads inside the pocket so it had to be shook to read 'happy' and 'birthday.'  I have literally had these beads since 2001.  I haven't a clue why I purchased them as I haven't used beads in my other crafty endeavors but they work great here.

The Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #50 last week was on how to make a shaker card.  Since I wanted to use this cute paper, I opted not to use a die to cut the pocket area in the paper and fun foam layers but instead used a craft knife.  The city blocks are so well defined I thought it lent itself to have one cut out for the shaker pocket.
I kept the inside of the card simple as well--two strips of paper and a sentiment.  Easy peasy.  Now I just need to get more beads in my stash to make more shaker cards.  I like beads in the shaker instead of confetti, little paper cutouts, glitter, etc. because of the movement, sound, and texture.  
Paper: Echo Park - Little Boy stack - Road Map; Papertrey Ink - Hawaiian Shores and Pure Poppy, Staples - white cardstock; acetate
Stamps: PTI - Birthday Basics
Ink: PTI - Pure Poppy and Orange Zest
Embellishments: red beads (unknown)
Other: fun foam and craft knife

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...