Birthday Skateboards

When I began organizing my stamp collection (blog post all in itself), I found I really did not have anything for preteen and teen boys.  I knew right away this set could be quite useful for me.  


Yes, I am on a torn paper kick.  You'll see it here and there in my upcoming posts.  I ruin a lot of paper to get the right torn look sometimes, but it is worth it to me.
I heat embossed the skateboards with black and aqua embossing powders.  The aqua powder I grabbed on clearance last week!  It is my first colored embossing powder and I must say I really like it.   The glossiness is a nice contrast against the matte papers. 
I kept the inside pretty simple with the torn paper detail and the framed sentiment.  I really like how the orange ink pops here. 
This little stamp is on the back of the card and is one of my new stamps from Homemade Hodgepodge.  Cute, cute.  I usually stamp my blog address on the back of my cards, but I left the stamp at home while I was at the craft retreat.  I'm hoping these stamps will quell some of the questions of "Did you make this?"  Why, yes, I did and you would be surprised at how long it took me to make it since I am normally a slow crafter.  Just don't throw it away in front of me, okay?  :o)
Paper: Authentique - Freebird stack - polka dots and distressed orange; PTI - Simply Chartreuse; Staples - white cardstock
Stamps: PTI - Boy Basics: Skater Dude, Fillable Frames #4, Homemade Hodgepodge
Ink: Versamark; PTI - Hawaiian Shores and Orange Zest
Other: PTI - Boy Basics: Skater Dude die; Fiskars - corner rounder; Zing - black & aqua embossing powders; dimensional foam adhesive, cuttlebug

1 comments:

  • Taheerah | February 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM

    Lots of gorgeous cards on your blog Jenny! Chose this one to comment on in the end - love the colour combo and the detail on those scateboards. I really need to use this set more!

    Thanks for leaving some love on my blog! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...