Wild Invite

Hosting a baby shower for a lady that has a fun, vibrant style gave me a bit of creative lisence.  I went with a safari theme with some nontraditional, vibrant colors and a bit modern.  Usually people give the theme more subdued colors.  I also chose to use cheetah, zebra, and giraffe prints and splashes of color.
The embossed chartreuse cheetah texture with the textured gray of the elephant makes you want to run your fingers over them.  Papertrey Ink paper embosses beautifully.  Since I wanted to stay modern I found an elephant cut that did not require fussy layering or lots of intricate details.  I did scale down the onesie sleeves as I felt they were too long for the invite. 
Ripping the edges of the paper took quite a bit more time than cutting them quickly with a paper trimmer, but the overall affect is great.  I carefully ripped the paper (ha, yes, an oxymoron) to maximize the most exposure of frayed fibers.  The 'wanted poster' font fits with the jungle-ish feel.
Paper: Papertrey Ink - Blueberry Sky and Simply Chartreuse, The Paper Studio - textured gray, Georgia Pacific - white copy paper
Other: Cricut, New Arrival Cricut cartridge, Cuttlebug, Sizzix - cheetah embossing folder, printer

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...