Constructing a Manly Card

Screws on a card!!  How fun is this?!  My husband graciously let me raid his tool box and I found these screws and nylon twine.  FUN.
Our dear friend is quite the handy man.  He constructs all kinds of things for our church.  When I came across this paper a few months back I knew I would use it for his birthday card.   The nylon twine was silky like a horse's mane.  It was hard to work with not only because of the silkiness but because the braid unraveled as soon as it was cut.  I fixed this by rubbing some Glossy Accents on the ends.  It coincidentally matched the cream paper.  Worked out in my favor.
The thin cream paper I used tears so well and leaves a nice raw, rough edge with various thicknesses of fibers.  I really like the contrast of it to the straight lines of the other papers.
Paper: DCWV - The Guy Stack - blue tools and green plaid, Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening, The Paper Company - cream, Staples - white cardstock
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening
Stamps: Justrite - Brayton Font
Embellishments:  The Paper Studio - screw brads, screws, nylon twine

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...