30th Birthday Card

 
I was stuffing tissue paper in a gift bag when I had an epiphany--I could use it for flowers on my cards! I looked at the various colors of tissue paper I have and was giddy with delight. The first flowers I made I put on this card. 
They were fairly easy to make and I am really liking the result. I cut a few different sizes of flowers from my Cricut Pagoda cartridge on cardstock, traced them on tissue paper, cut them out, layered them, glued the middles together, used my Big Bite to punch a hole in the middle of the now put together flower, put a decorative brad in it, and secured it to the paper. Voila! My own CHEAP fancy flower!
On the inside I used the Technique Tuesday stamp set Cake & Candles. This is my new go to birthday set. 
Glitter, gems, texture, and flowers are not the things I think of when I think of a 30th birthday card but it turned out cute. I hope she liked it as much as I had fun making it!

Paper: Glitter cardstock from Recollections Signature - black and aqua, PTI Stampers' Select White, The Paper Studio black cardstock and The Classic Stack - black damask, KI Memories Classic Prints Paper Pad - turquoise (inside card)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday Cake & Candles set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Essential Glue Pad
Embellishments: The Paper Studio gem & pearl brads, A La Mode black embossing powder, 
Other: Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge for "30," Cricut Pagoda cherry blossom flower (flower stencil), white shimmer tissue paper, Crop-o-dile Big Bite

(on envelope) generic pink envelope, Martha Stewart Gemstone Glitter - turquoise, BasicGrey adomment stamp

1 comments:

  • Sarah | September 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM

    This is my favorite card ever and I still have it!! Thank you so much for your time and creativity to make me such and amazing 20... ehhh 30 birthday card. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...