Mother's Day Card

I just realized I hadn't posted a card for Mother's Day (and Father's Day). 
How could I not post this beauty?! Well, if you must know, I usually give the cards away before I take pictures of them for my blog. That was the case here.
I am in love with paper roses.  I made this one with some Spellbinders dies (tutorial to come). In person they look they are made out of ceramic.  I mounted it on a Spellbinders oval and then colored the edge with my BG11 Copic marker.
The lace is a stamp, which I used on the front and the inside.  There is a strip of satin ribbon at the top and two tiny pearls on either side of the filagree oval frame, but their height goes unnoticed because of the massive flower on the front--they just add a little pretty shimmer to pull the inside together.  I had to edit out my writing--my mom was nice enough to give it back for me to photograph.  She knows my house turns into a twilight zone for other people's things--they take for-e-ver to get back to people once they have entered. 
I had to make a box to put this card in as the rose rises almost an inch off the paper.  To go with the rose theme, I stamped roses in Autumn Rose and then scored the cardstock to make a box.  
You don't expect to get a card when you open a box.  :)


Paper: PTI - Autumn Rose, Aqua Mist, and Sweet Blush; unknown - cream; Staples - white 
Stamps: Kaiser Craft - lace, PTI - Pretty Peonies and Year of Flowers Collection
Ink: Versamark - watermark, PTI - Aqua Mist, Autumn Rose
Embellishments: The Paper Studio - pearls, PTI - Aqua Mist Satin ribbon, Spellbinders - Ovals and Rose Creations, Filagree - gold embossing powder, Cuttlebug - floral embossing folder
Other: foam dimensional adhesive, Cuttlebug, Martha Stewart Crafts- Scoreboard

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...