Magical Princess Rainbow Card

I have found that it is normally easier for me to create a card based on a theme.  When we got this invite for an upcoming party, I knew what I was going to make!  
The chevron rainbow is individual pieces I butted up together and adhered to the card.  The hills are three pieces of paper layered and inked for dimension.  This is my first time using a Lawn Fawn set and this one is quite fun.  There are other whimsical images in the set that I have yet to use.  I like how the unicorn's rainbow hair turned out. Good to know I have a nice rainbow assortment of Copics.  It was extremely easy as there was no blending to do.  I added prisma glitter to its body, which is on the actual invite. Sparkly, sparkly!
I colored the castle with my Copics as well, but used shading this time.  The door handles and window openings have Glossy Accents on them to give them shine and dimension.  You cannot tell here at all but it there.  The castle, unicorn, and hills were hand cut; it made me really appreciate my dies.
On the inside I added more of the flowers that I used on the front.  They are simply leftover punched flowers from pink tissue paper my friend gave me after she completed a project.  After I glued them down I added a dot of purple Stickles.  The sentiments on the front and inside are both heat embossed.  I have gotten a lot of use out of this aqua Zing! embossing powder I picked up a few months ago on clearance!
Here is the card with the coordinating gift wrap.  Oh, how I enjoy when I can make it all match! 
This ribbon flower came together quick.  I added the ribbon to some Scor-tape and worked the loops into a flower.  The flower gemstone finishes it off.  The ribbon was attached to the gift al the way around the package with Scor-tape.  I was not there when it was opened so I have no idea how hard it was to get into the gift.  I am interested in knowing though...
Paper: Papertrey Ink - Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Wisteria, Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Stampers' Select
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Versamark - watermark
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Critters Ever After
Other: prism glitter; PTI - chevron die; Zing! - aqua embossing powder; heat tool; pink tissue paper; Stickles - purple; Copics - V01, V12, V15, BV0000, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, 0, Y15, YR16, B24, YG 13, T1; Michael's ribbons - yellow, green, purple saddle stitch; Ribbon Boutique - aqua ribbon, Hero Arts - purple flower gem, Glossy Accents, dimensional adhesives, craft knife

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...