Cute Owl

My friend likes owls and her daughter was having a birthday so logically I made an owl card to celebrate her special day.  It is super girlie and full of bright colors and different textures.  
I got the inspiration from a couple blogs I follow.  Since I needed a large owl for a card, but I do not own any Cricut cartridges that fit the bill with an owl I wanted to use, I made one out of shapes I pieced together.  I got the idea for the owl months ago from one of the craft blogs I follow--The Queen's Scene.  If you have never visited her blog I highly recommend it as she is exceedingly talented and her creations are top notch.  I also merged ideas from Kerry's Craft Blog with her use of owls with circles for the belly feathers.  Her blog is phenomenal as well and she can crank out some amazing paper crafts and gifts.
  
I made this owl out of circles, ovals, triangles, and hearts.  It is put together with Scor-Tape, which I kept the backing on the back to get the owl put together before adhering to the card base.  I used paisley and swiss dot embossing folders, textured paper, glitter paper, and a bright and colorful scolloped paper.  I primarily used my Cricut with the Basic Shapes cartridge but also used my Papertrey Ink 1 3/4" Limitless Layers dies.  See the "eye lashes"? Limitless layers to the rescue!
I kept the inside simple since the front is so busy.  The little bird is from Tiny Treats: Birthday, which I colored with my Copics.  
Hope you enjoyed this one as much as I did. It was quite fun making. :)
Paper: Echo Park - Summer Days stack - scallops; Best Occasions - Textured Stack; Staples - white; The Paper Studio - black glitter paper; Papertrey Ink - Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, and Aqua Mist
Stamps: PTI - Think Big Favorites #12, Tiny Treats: Birthday
Ink: PTI - Raspberry Fizz
Embellishments: PTI - Saddle Stitch ribbon - Raspberry Fizz, 
Other: Cuttlebug; Swiss Dot and Paisley Cuttlebug embossing folders; Cricut; George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge; PTI -1 3/4" Limitless Layers: Circles and Block Alphabet dies; Copics - V17, V15, BG11, BG49, BG72, colorless blender; standard office hole punch

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...