Peonies


For this card I played with my PTI anniversary set for the first time. I must say that I am in love with these peonies.  After making the focal flower I decided that I didn't want to take away from its beauty so I used a lot of white for the rest of the card.  
I used Copics V15 and V17 to shade it after stamping it with Plum Pudding ink.  To add a little sparkle, I used purple Stickles for the stamen.  I hand cut the flower, leaves, and frame with a craft knife.  On the frame I used C1 to shade the Versamark stamped area to give a bit more definition in the thicker parts of the frame.
On the inside I stamped a simple 'happy day' sentiment and few outlined peonies.  The 'day' part I made by masking and selectively stamping letters from 'happy' as only 'happy' is included in the set.  
The tiny peony worked well on the back with the 'homemade' stamp.
Since the card ended up being an irregular size, I made a quick envelope from this paper I found in my stash.  I thought it worked nicely with this card.
Paper: PTI - Plum Pudding and Simply Chartreuse, Staples - white, DCWV - Latte Stack - floral paper, watercolor paper
Stamps: PTI - Pretty Peonies Anniversary Set and Homemade Hodgepodge
Ink: PTI - Plum Pudding and Spring Moss, Versamark - watermark
Other: craft knife, Copics - V15, V17, C1

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...