Washi Tape Birthday

I was so inspired by Papertrey Ink's 5th anniversary designer's favorite color combos download that I came up with four pages worth of my own combinations after looking at some inspiring pictures.  This is one of them: Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Canyon Clay, Spring Rain, Simply Chartruse, and cream.  
Today's card I have used some homemade washi tape for an embellishment.  It is made from cream tissue paper and Scor-tape.  My husband thought it was cool that I used masking tape on a card. *sigh*  Next time I'll use another color besides cream.  The wood grain came out fantastic!  Look at those deep grooves--so much interest with texture.
Inside I used the simple "and many more" sentiment to stay simple and clean.  (I was feeling a bit stamp happy so I really had to restrain myself.)  The edges of the Spring Rain cardstock were inked with Enchanted Evening.  I love the richness of this ink pad.
The back is fun as I continued the tape down the back instead of cutting it or folding it under the paper on the front.  My blog stamp and a "homemade for you stamp" finishes it off. 
Paper: PTI - Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Canyon Clay, Spring Rain; Staples white
Stamps: PTI - Happy Day and Homemade Hodgepodge; Technique Tuesday - Cake & Candles; Justrite - Brayton font
Ink: PTI - Enchanted Evening and Orange Zest
Embellishments: PTI - Simply Chartreuse vintage button; cream tissue paper
Other: PTI - Happy Day die; The Paper Studio - wood grain embossing folder; Cuttlebug

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...