This was my first attempt at making a diaper cake.  The ones I have seen and received in the past for the most part had the diapers rolled up tight and secured with rubber bands or ribbon, but I did not take that approach. 


I fanned the diapers around in a circle like you would fan a deck of cards.  This swirling of the diapers looks interesting and pretty.  Next, I wrapped tissue paper around the sides for color and to get the look of fondant and then added the layered ribbon.  The giraffes were propped against the side as an afterthought when I had a couple left from decorating the room.  I like them.  I chose to leave the top unadorned and not to add animals or baby items all over it to go with the modern feel I was trying to achieve.
Paper: Papertrey Ink - Orange Zest, KI Memories - The Classics stack - yellow with white polka dots
Embellishments: The Ribbon Boutique - brown satin grosgrain and giraffe print satin grosgrain 
Other: green tissue paper, Wilton 12" scalloped cake round, Cricut, Create a Critter Cricut cartridge, diapers

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...