House Warming

My friend was telling me about her new house and how she was putting together a house warming in a few weeks.  I offered to make her some invites and get them to her in four days--when she would be seeing most of the people she was inviting.  I was so excited that I made them in two evenings since we were heading out on a mini vacation. Why do I do these things to myself?  Because I love card making!  Any excuse to do it, right?  :o)
I thought these were a bit plain and needed a little something.  After thinking about it I added the ribbon, the medallions on each side of 'new home,' and inked edges. 
This isn't a typical card that opens on the side or bottom.  Only the white door opens to reveal the house warming information.   I thought it was more than appropriate for the occasion.
I think the wreath turned out cute with the pearl in the middle.  The embossing folder I used on the brown cardstock mimics Spanish terra cotta roofs.  Nice touch.
Paper: DCWV - The Lemon Flower Stack - patterned green, Recollections - brown, Staples white cardstock
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Congrats All the Way, Flower Fusion #6, and Mehndi Medallion 
Ink: PTI - Dark Chocolate, Colorbox - Cranberry, Powder Puff - Amaretto 
Embellishments: The Paper Studio - self adhesive pearls, PTI - Dark Chocolate Luxe Satin Ribbon
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder from Asian pack, Cuttlebug

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...