50 Stars

This card is full of textures, patterns, colors, and dimension.  Since the maroon and turquoise papers read solid mainly from afar I went ahead and used them with the stars and the stripes papers.  It has a fun yet masculine feel.  I picked up this small star embossing folder over the weekend and it goes nicely with the multicolor star paper.  
The screw embellishments are fun brads I picked up on the same shopping trip.  I found some just like these a few weeks ago online for $7.50 a package, but I couldn't justify the price.  Glad I waited since I snagged these for $1.50 a pack! Yes, I got multiple packs. They really finish off the card.
I mainly build my cards on thick, white cardstock, but when I am using Papertrey Ink cardstocks as a base color like this card I sometimes go ahead and make the whole card out of it.  It's more expensive, but I like the overall look. 

Paper: DCWV - The Guy Stack - all papers except the solid green, Papertrey Ink - Simply Chartreuse 
Stamps: PTI - Year of Flowers: Carnations
Ink: PTI - Dark Chocolate 
Embellishments: The Paper Studio - screw brads and small star embossing folder
Other: Cricut Classic Font cartridge, Cuttlebug, dimensional foam adhesive

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...