Birthday Presents

I have been wanting to use several birthday themed papers I have, but they have mostly very dark backgrounds.  To lighten up the card I added large presents in light and bright colors.  I think I achieved what I set out for here.  To me bright, cheerful colors put the 'happy' in a birthday card.
To add interest I embossed the paper and topped them with bows of various materials; twill, grosgrain, and satin.  Also, I added foam dimensional behind the middle one.  I made an envelope for this card with extra room for the bows so they would not be flattened before the recipient opened it. 
I cut the 'bow' on the inside box out of paper so there would not be added bulk on the inside.  This week I was introduced to a crafting house/retailer and bought a new brand of liquid chalk inks--Powder Puff--which I used on the inside here.  I really, really like them!  Must say I foresee myself buying most of the colors now as I only bought three colors to try them.

Paper: The Paper Studio - Birthday Extravaganza stack - birthday words and yellow with stars, Papertrey Ink - Hawaiian Shores, Chartreuse, and Orange Zest, Staples white cardstock
Stamps: Technique Tuesday - Cake & Candles set
Ink: PTI - Orange Zest, Powder Puff - Green with Envy
Embellishments: PTI - Lemon Tart twill ribbon, orange & yellow saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon and green satin ribbon from Michael's
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folders - polka dot and art deco fans

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...